Tuesday, September 21, 2010

10 Beliefs That Could Hold You Back In Life


Click here to join nidokidos
I have spoken a lot about beliefs and how to change them to make your life better. There are certain beliefs that a lot of people believe and I think it's time to address these.
We are initially given beliefs from our parents, teachers, peers, TV and media. When we are young we think adults know more than us so we generally trust in what they say. However as we get older we form our own beliefs about the world. However some of the residual beliefs from our childhood can remain. Sometimes they have remained without us knowing about them.
Here are some beliefs that may be residual, see if you recognise any of them and change them.
·         If You Fail At Something You Are A Failure: This is perpetuated at school and throughout our days of turning into an adult. We are encouraged to win at all costs. If I fail at something, and I have many times, I try again, and again, and again until I get it right. If you believe that "if you fail at something you are a failure" then that means everyone in the world is a failure. Don't hold yourself back by believing this. Install a new belief.
·         Why Change It If It's Not Broken: I don't mean changing for the sake of changing. I am talking about improving upon existing appliances, processes etc. We need change to move on with life and you will always come up against people who don't like change, avoid them if you can. If you see something that could be improved try and implement it.
·         You Are Not Skilled Enough To Go For It: Nobody in life is skilled enough until they start doing it. If you want to do something just start doing it, don't stress about not getting into university to do a degree in computing, just do it until you get in. The internet has more information than you will get at university, college or school it's just a matter of finding it. If you are good and you sell yourself well, you will get noticed.
·         You Are Too Old To Start Something New: The average life expectancy in the UK is about 75 for men and 79 for women and it is similar in the US and Europe. This will change and soon we'll be seeing the average life expectancy at 100. This means we are never too old to start something new. Starting a new venture is a great way to keep the brain active and to keep motivation up for living. I believe we are a nation of people who expect to die at around 75 or so, so what happens? We do. If we expect to live to 100 we would do more changing, feel less inhibited by time. Just do it.
·         Believing God Is An Entity Outside Your Control: You control God, not the other way about. When I say God, I mean a spiritual force, I don't mean the bible and all that as that is obviously not to be believed literally. God is a force within you, when you pray, you are praying to yourself, when you ask forgiveness you are asking yourself for forgiveness. Nobody in this universe controls you, you control the force within you, never let go of that belief. You do not need anybody or anything to allow you to live your own life, live it for yourself and help others to live theirs.
·         You Won't Amount To Anything: The very fact that you are alive says that you are special. If you want to be extraordinary you have to put in the effort. Every single one of us has a talent we don't know about or have not yet been recognised for. Try everything to find something that you love. I am a great believer in change; you don't have to do one thing all your life. Change your lifestyle many times until you find a path you love and are willing to work on.
·         The World Does Not Revolve Around You: The whole universe is all about you. Every single person on this planet has a different world going on inside their heads. You see the world differently from me and I see it differently from someone else. Therefore the world is about you. Tell me now: what are you going to do to change your world?
·         Nobody Believes In You: I believe in you, but my opinion is worth nothing, everybody's opinion is worth nothing. Work on believing in yourself and work on letting go of needing others to believe in you. As soon as you start believing in yourself other people will start believing in you, but let go of needing their belief.
·         You Will Never Make That Amount Of Money: I have heard this so many times. You will make exactly what you expect to make. If I say to myself `There is no way I could make a million pounds' my brain will not look for ways of making that million. If I am determined enough to make a million my brain will help me look for ways of making it, no matter how outrageous the idea, at least you will be creating ideas.
·         There Is Nothing You Can Do About It: Rubbish! You can change any aspect of your life you just can't see it yet. Some people never get past this and it's such a shame. Life can be hard and it takes guts to make the decision to change your life, but you can change it. Know what you want, know the steps you have to take and then change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment